Following the success of the ‘Community Freshview’ day on Talma, Mervan and Dalberg Roads on the 24th of September last year, the Neighbourhood Watch team are holding further ‘Community Freshview’ clean-up days as follows:
- Sunday the 18th of March – Saltoun Road (between the Effra and Rattray Roads)
- Sunday the 25th of March – Bankton Road, Probert Road and Rattray Road (between Saltoun and Probert Roads)
- Sunday the 9th of September – Jelf Road and Rattray Road (between Probert and Barnwell Roads)
- Sunday the 14th of October – Saltoun Road (between Rattray and Atlantic / Railton Roads)
(We will cover Kellett Road next year.)
Following a suggestion from the 24th of September, we are splitting the longer roads to make the logistics on the day easier – less far to walk to the van or carry stuff to the skip, and more skip-space per house, for example!
Further information will be announced on this site nearer the time.
A new dispersal zone has been introduced in Brixton Town Centre and Acre Lane in late January for a period of 6 months, in response to concerns of anti-social behaviour. This will enable the police to move people on, bar them for 24 hours from the area and send young people home.
The zone includes Saltoun, Kellett and Mervan Roads, and part of Rattray Road. A map of the proposed area is here. Brixton TC – Ferndale Dispersal Zone Dec 11
If you are affected in any way for good or ill, and particularly if you notice crime and anti-social behaviour being pushed from the centre of Brixton onto our residential streets you can
- let us know at email@example.com,
- or post comment on this story,
- get in touch with Aysev Ismail, the area crime reduction manager for Brixton on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7926 2792.
This is what it all looked like in Dalberg Road at 1am on Sunday morning. Quite what I was doing coming home at 1am on Sunday morning is another question…