Organised by the local children had some table top stalls for our Rattray Road Play Street Yard Sale Sunday 28h. June went well despite weather .Next one is July 26th. Volunteers always welcome. contact: email@example.com or just come along and join in Children welcome to reclaim the street, with a little help from Adults.
Fun and Games assured. We aso had a call out for helpers for this years Probert Road Street Part y1st August they are having a meet up Monday 6th July 7.30pm at Brixton Community base, Talma Road. Go and meet discuss give suggestions to Shezhnaz The main things they need help with are:
1. Sourcing a sound system for the bands, but they can play
acoustic if needs be
2. Sourcing a drum kit for the bands, but they can do without if needs be
3. Sourcing a stage for the band
4. Kids entertainment ideas, we’ll be having a bouncy castle and
paddling pool, but would like face painters/cartoonists if possible,
any contacts or suggestions welcome
5. Entertainment for adults, we’ll have a salsa dance class,
table tennis table, volleyball/badminton net, other ideas welcome
6. Food stalls, we’ll have a BBQ and have asked neighbours to
bring a dish, but we need to know what the legality is for caterers
selling food on the street.