Since 2013 Brixton Green have been in partnership with Lambeth Council to develop plans for Somerleyton Road with the aim of delivering a community-led, financially viable, well governed and accountable body that would hold and lock the development ‘in trust’ for the long term benefit of the community.
About more than just the bricks and mortar
- We believe that creating and sustaining a great place has to be about more than just bricks and mortar.
- We believe that the future development at Somerleyton Road should be managed by an organisation who puts the interests of the community first and is accountable to them.
- We do not believe that the site should be handed over to a housing association or private managing agent.
If Lambeth decide to:
- Not proceed with the new accountable body or,
- They propose a body that would not be able to ensure the site is managed in the interest of the community,
Then Brixton Green’s trustees will need to consider their role in the partnership with Lambeth.
This is because the accountable body has been a cornerstone of the shared vision for a long time and that is what trustees have been mandated to work for.
Keeping you updated
We hope Lambeth make the most of this opportunity which local people have worked so hard to create. We will keep you updated on how the discussions proceed.
Annual General Meeting
When: 7pm Thursday 3rd December 2015
Where: The Market House, 443 Coldharbour Lane, London SW9 8LN Please join us to celebrate all we have achieved and plan for the next stage.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, please review our accounts online and let us know if you approve them.
We need at least 118 members to review our accounts.Contact: If you would like to discuss, please contact us on:
- Tel: 020 7183 5838
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.brixtongreen.org
- We send Brixton Green news to our shareholders or the many people we have met over the last 7 years of our project. Do let us know if you’d prefer not to hear from us and we’ll remove you immediately. Thank you for your support.Our mailing address is:
Brixton Green Ltd
89 Acre Lane
London, Greater london SW2 5TN