Come and join in with Friends of Windrush Square and Friends of Tate library Brixton in an afternoon of clearing and planting with some assistance from Lambeth Council. More news in the pipeline to prevent Anti-social behaviours . Then on Saturday fun days Brixton Come-together 1st October in the Square contact: email@example.com for more information on environmental and community issues relating to the square.
Also reminder Time out Love London Awards Parissi Atlantic Raod Brixton Great for us locals.
23 Aug 2016 – Last year’s Love London Awards saw 16,000 nominations and 75,000 votes cast for 5,000 venues across the city. Cafe Bars Parissi Atlantic Road a favourite
‘Summers lease hath all too short a date’
Windrush Square, Herne Hill Festival and Brixton Design Week
You may have realised that The London Design Week has moved into its second year of Brixton as a Design District.
Windrush Square, BCA, Brixton Pound Shop, The Market… everywhere last weekend at Brixton Windmill, even Parissi has us all a flutter. It is needed ..Stabbings, young gangs on rampages. As a community of creative and tolerant people we try and improve our environment for all. Brixton Community Base /Talma Road successfully bid for ‘Capital Clean Up ‘money and now has its planters to deter fly tipping (see below) .Police SNT meeting is 5th October in Langport House Angel Town.fows-cleaning-workshop-poster-30-9-16
Friends of Windrush Square also received a small grant from Capital Clean and they have a ‘ Cleaning up day’ on 30th September with Lambeth Youth Offending Team input , which follows on from their successful Rushcroft Road Freshview event. All volunteers welcome Friends of Tate Library continue with Library Campaigning : http://www.defendthe10–lambeth.org.uk/ with Lambeth Council and help clearing planters in the Tate Library Brixton continues weekly . Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more details
Something for everyone at the Festival and support your local Library and Archives.
Brixton Society chairman Bill Linsky is also the chairman of Lambeth History Forum. The link to the Heritage festival continues throughout September http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/leisure-parks-and-libraries/libraries/lambeth-heritage-festival-september-2016
Magic Lantern slides at Vida Walsh Centre Thursday 8th September 7pm, prior to which a ‘Green’ memorial will be dedicated to Norma Williamson, a long term supporter of Culture and Heritage in Lambeth will occur at 6pm outside Tate Library Brixton
and further events …http://www.brixtonwindmill.org/whats-on 18th September Harvest Festival
A unique mill in the heart of London
18th September Harvest Festival
Brixton Windmill is 200 years old in 2016! The video on the right celebrates this special occasion, while the video below it by Nick Weedon shows highlights from our Trades Parade and Festival on 26 May 2016.
You can see other videos on our YouTube channel, including one of National Mills Weekend 2016, when we dressed the common sails in sailcloth designed and printed by Eley Kishimoto, our creative ambassador for our bicentenary year.
- Please vote for Windmill Gardens to win a People’s Choice Award – voting closes at noon on 30 September.
- Our popular bat walk returns on Thursday 8 September at 7.30pm.
- The sixth piece in our series A History of Brixton Windmill in 16 Objects is about the millstones – find out how the phrase “keeping your nose to the grindstone” originated!
- What have you made with Brixton Windmill flour? Post a picture of your creation and we’ll include it in our new gallery!
- Tai chi classes are still running every Saturday, 11am-12pm. No experience required. The classes are currently unfunded, so donations to tutors are welcome.
- Read about our training session for volunteer millers, when the stones in Brixton Windmill ground flour for the first time in 80 years. The video below was shot by London Live, who sent a camera crew to record the momentous occasion!