Something for everyone at the Festival and support your local Library and Archives.
Brixton Society chairman Bill Linsky is also the chairman of Lambeth History Forum. The link to the Heritage festival continues throughout September http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/leisure-parks-and-libraries/libraries/lambeth-heritage-festival-september-2016
Magic Lantern slides at Vida Walsh Centre Thursday 8th September 7pm, prior to which a ‘Green’ memorial will be dedicated to Norma Williamson, a long term supporter of Culture and Heritage in Lambeth will occur at 6pm outside Tate Library Brixton
and further events …http://www.brixtonwindmill.org/whats-on 18th September Harvest Festival
A unique mill in the heart of London
18th September Harvest Festival
Brixton Windmill is 200 years old in 2016! The video on the right celebrates this special occasion, while the video below it by Nick Weedon shows highlights from our Trades Parade and Festival on 26 May 2016.
You can see other videos on our YouTube channel, including one of National Mills Weekend 2016, when we dressed the common sails in sailcloth designed and printed by Eley Kishimoto, our creative ambassador for our bicentenary year.
- Please vote for Windmill Gardens to win a People’s Choice Award – voting closes at noon on 30 September.
- Our popular bat walk returns on Thursday 8 September at 7.30pm.
- The sixth piece in our series A History of Brixton Windmill in 16 Objects is about the millstones – find out how the phrase “keeping your nose to the grindstone” originated!
- What have you made with Brixton Windmill flour? Post a picture of your creation and we’ll include it in our new gallery!
- Tai chi classes are still running every Saturday, 11am-12pm. No experience required. The classes are currently unfunded, so donations to tutors are welcome.
- Read about our training session for volunteer millers, when the stones in Brixton Windmill ground flour for the first time in 80 years. The video below was shot by London Live, who sent a camera crew to record the momentous occasion!